Nothing is sadder for me to see then a sales person going through their first year 20 years in a row. What I mean by this is they never develop a Constant Contact Strategy to fill their prospecting pipeline, so they are always looking for someone to sell. Sadder still is a sales rep that on Monday morning says ” I hope I sell something this week”. If your prospecting pipeline is full, you should be able to be laser focused on who is buying this week.
How do I keep my prospecting pipeline full?
- Realize that there are 300 plus million suspects( potential prospects) walking around in America.
- Your job is to turn as many of these suspects into prospects. By attaining the following:
- Approximate Income
- Email and phone number
- When working with a suspect that you want to turn into a prospect or prospect you want to turn into a client your focus should be this:
- HAVE THEM TELL YOU TO NEVER CALL AGAIN (or)
- HAVE THEM GIVE YOU AN APPOINTMENT
- If neither of these happens then they stay in your pipeline to be recalled at a later date.
- If you use this process you will eventually have thousands of individuals to work with.
Remember the folks are out there. We must have the courage to engage them in conversation that will lead them to talk about how we can help them.
Here is a great article by John Doerr “Six Keys To Successful Prospecting”