Solving Our Immigration Problem
I have personally struggled with the issue of Solving Our Immigration Problem. What do we do regarding the illegal immigration problem and the “WALL”. There is a humane and sympathetic side to me that feels for these 11 million souls. But there is a practical side that cares deeply about America and fairness to those who have come to this country legally.
My Grandfather came here from Italy through Ellis Island as did my Mother in law who was an immigrant from Hungry during WWII. One of the proudest days of her life was when she became an American citizen.
What is the answer?
Again I am torn between the moral and the practical. But there is a solution that I believe makes since. I learned about it from a video produced by Pager University and presented by Pulitzer Prize winner Charles Krauthamer.
There are four basic step involved:
First: Build The Wall. We must stop the flow of illegal immigrants into our country in order to fix the problem. As Charles states a WALL to keep people in is called a prison a WALL to keep people out is called sovereignty.
Second: Develop an E-Verification system that will allow individuals that are here illegally towork.
Third: Develop a visa tracking system. 40% off illegals are he on visa overstays.
Lastly: Deport anyone with a criminal record that is illegal. Then legalize the 11 million that are left. Allow them to stay but we can not give them citizenship.
Charles Krauthamer says it better in this compelling video:
Understand this is a very serious issue to our future. Please don’t take a position because it seems to be the cool thing to do. Weigh the facts and make an informed decision. America’s future is at stake!
I’m sick and tired! This is not a political, this is an article expressing my feeling about what should be done to Save America. This should be easy to understand for anyone. Republicans, Democrats and Independents are driving our great country into the ground over their own self interests.
Politicians have allowed their own special interest and desire to build a life long career of ” bathing in the public troth”. Imagine someone in the Congress twenty five or thirty years. You cannot tell me there are not self serving interests involved, when they have to wheel someone into the hall to cast a vote because they are to old to walk in.
In a CBS news report by Stephanie Condon in March of 2012 stated that there were 245 Millionaires in Congress. 179 in the House and 66 in the Senate. No wonder someone would spend $10 Million dollars to get a job paying $180,000.
Four Simple Steps to Save America
- Term Limits – Our founding fathers would go to Philadelphia or Washington spend what time was needed in service of our country then return to their farms to plow the fields. The King of England asked Benjamin Franklin what General Washington would do now that the war had been won by the Colonials. Franklin’s answer; ” Go home and farm” the king replied in amazement; “If he does he is the greatest man in the world.” We need people like Washington to Save America.
- Medical Tort Reform – Science particularly medicine is not a perfect profession, mistakes happen. Until they put a limit on the amount that can be awarded in medical malpractice suits health care will continue to spin out of control. And who is getting rich?The lawyers who eventually head to Washington to get their share. Every time I turn the TV on there is someone saying did you have this surgery or take this drug ? Call Do We Cheat’m And How” attorneys at law. To Save America this must stop.
- Cost Control on Medicine – There are medicines badly needed by the public that cost thousands of dollars for a 30 day supply. People are dying while the Lobbyist, Pharmaceutical Company’s and politicians are making fortunes.
- Save America – NO MORE PORK – There needs to be legislation that forces every bill that will cost Americans money be voted on with no PORK attached.
We can Save America
These four issues could be easily put into action, but never will! Why? Because we have the fox watching the hen house. Why would a politician vote in something that would cost him or her their careers.
We are not naive, every American Republican, Democrat or Independent needs to face the facts. We are in trouble as a country and sending the same people to Washington will not Save America. Only action will with our votes!
Read it and weep:
Staying Married Forty Years
Marriage just like life, can be challenging. That is probably why 50 % of all marriages end in divorce according to The American Psychological Association.
This past May my lovely wife and I have been married 40 years. I find it sad that so many people when they hear this say” That doesn’t happen to often anymore.” We made it so I guess that gives me some right to give advice on the subject.
A wedding in America is estimated to crost around $26,000. Sometimes people put more time into making sure the wedding is perfect instead of making sure the love is perfect. But that is just me.
Five Tips For Staying Married Forty Years
- No matter how in love you are and even when you have found your true soul mate, it will not be all hearts and rainbows. I believe you have to go into a marriage knowing there will be ups and downs. It is easy to be in love when everything is great the true test comes when the times are rough.
- Be prepared to forgive. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes if you cannot forgive the little things forty years can be like a prison sentence. Now, I will say there are some actions that are unforgivable and that’s all I will say on that.
- Trust in your partner is critical, if you can’t trust your spouse why in the world would you have ever said “I do”. Also it is important to not make assumptions on what your husband or wife is thinking. Talk things out.
- The other night I was watching a movie and a women had killed her husband and when asked why she did such a thing she answered “I couldn’t stand looking at him any more.” I told my wife and she laughed, I didn’t think it was that funny.
- Grow together, we all grow and change as we travel through life. Be prepared for your partner to change over time and remember change is good. Always try and remember the person you fell in love with and that your partner is still the same person. Just evolved.
A successful marriage takes work remember this the next time you get tired of looking at your partner and start looking for a gun or a lawyer.
Here is a good article from Men’s Health on the subject: